Welcome!

Welcome to our technology blog! It's our hope that we will provide interesting information about society, as well as how technology is being used in education. As Lake Orion voters begin to consider the upcoming bond proposal, it's our hope this information, along with some of the commentary will provide something to think about.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The next wave of chalkboards.....


Remember chalkboards? In the 8th grade, I was the lucky student who got to stay after school to wash them for the teachers. As an added bonus, on Fridays, I’d get to clean the erasers by hitting them against a brick wall behind our school.

When I began teaching in Lake Orion, my classroom had been updated to move from chalkboard to white board. My former students can tell you that I went through my fair share of dry erase markers writing notes, examples, and even drawing some rather mediocre pictures.

The next generation of boards are interactive. They are synced to computers and offer a variety of tools for educators as they teach classes. A recent study by the Marzano Research Lab is a clear indication that interactive white boards generate growth and improve student learning.

A few items to read about interactive white boards:



No comments:

Post a Comment